What do you want for me Lord? Jeremiah 29:11

What do you want for me, Lord? I ask this question often in one form or another. What do you want for my life? Where do you want me to go? What should I do? Although, I come up empty on answers at times, I have come to rely on one verse for hope and direction during the foggy times in my life. Jeremiah 29:11 reminds me that Gods plans are for success and hope, not failure in my life. Although I have been painfully reminded at times that God uses trials and tests to build my character, His overall plan includes triumph in this life! It's for that reason I can rest in the assurance that He wants health, wellness and weight loss for me! As an overweight teen, and young adult I struggled with low self-esteem, depression, guilt, anxiety, lethargy and so many other issues that kept me from serving God the way I was meant to serve. My weight problems were a result of my reliance on food for comfort, peace and answers when I should have been seeking God.....Many of us can say the same. God may want to strengthen your endurance and resolve through your weight loss journey, but make no mistake; He wants you to be successful! Rest in the assurance today that no matter what the trial regarding your weight loss journey, God wants to use it to create success!


"Failures are only temporary tests to prepare us for permanent triumphs. Start doing something that you've put off because of the risk of failure."


(Thanks to my dear friend, Mary Sandfoss for sharing this quote with me...)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eight- Proverbs 3:6

Malachi 3:6 Do you have "issues?"