Day Two-Hebrews 12:1-2

How Bad Do I Want This?
"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith."
Hebrews 12:1-2

So, we all know we want it fast, but just how bad do we want it? There is a Tim McGraw song, titled just that; "How Bad Do You Want It?" In the song are lyrics that go like this, "How bad do you want it? How bad do you want it? Are you eating, sleeping, dreaming with that one thing on your mind? How bad do you want it, 'cause if you want it bad, you're gonna lay it all out on the line!" How much do I lay on the line though? I say I want it! But all I can think about is chocolate and french fries! What's my problem? The bible says I will become a better Christian by keeping my focus on Christ. The same is true for any other battles or challenges I face in life. If I want success, I must eat, sleep, and dream with success on my mind! Am I struggling in the battles of weight-loss? Or life in general? If so, chances are I am eating, sleeping and dreaming about my guilt and failure! Not success! My focus must be on my goals, not my past mistakes. It's the only way to achieve them.
In the words of Paul, one of my favorite sinners, redeemed and so deeply changed by God's great mercy, forgiveness and love (I can so relate to him....)

"No dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing; forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God,
through Christ Jesus is calling."
Ephesians 3: 13-14

May God grant you the gift of focus today!
May your focus be on Him and on success!
Thanks for reading!
Love,
Julie

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eight- Proverbs 3:6

Malachi 3:6 Do you have "issues?"