Day Three-Hebrews 12:11

"No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening-it's painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way." Hebrews 12:11



I have to plan to lose weight? That's too much work! I can't do that! I don't have the time! I don't have the energy! Sound familiar? Me too. Immediately upon deciding to lose weight, I determined that if it was too much work, I would quit! It's just not worth it, if it takes work! Let me say that again; It's just not worth it, if it takes work! Did I really say that? YES! Did I really mean it at the time? YES! Does it sound crazy now? YES! YES! YES! Now, I realize anything worth accomplishing takes work; my marriage, my children, school, my walk with the Lord. All take a tremendous amount of work and time and planning if I want to be successful! But, when I put forth the effort, oh the rewards I reap! And, of course the reverse is true too! No energy to invest in school, no time to invest in my husband, my kids, my God? Imagine what we will reap then! Think about a time when you accomplished something big in your life: your wedding, the birth of your first child, returning to college to finish a degree, your best vacation ever! A great deal of planning in the form of time, energy and money was invested to ensure success. Had you not planned and put for the effort, the events themselves would not have been near as successful. Do I want success in health and wellness? Yes! Do I need to plan? Yes! Will it be worth it? Yes!
May you begin your new week with a fresh start and plan for health and wellness in Christ Jesus! "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
A few strategies to add into your plan this week to ensure success:
journal: journaling works! Think about this: In the last 5 years since I have been working with men and women to lose weight, I have never, I repeat never known anyone to journal and not be successful! Plan to journal just for one day and see what happens!
drink water: another small step for big success
eat as many fruits and veggies as your little heart desires: don't worry about counting calories when it comes to these guys! It wasn't their fault we got into this predicament in the first place!
Remember: God wants this for you and He will see you through to success! BELIEVE IT!
"I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
Here's to your great plans!
Thanks for reading!
Love,
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eight- Proverbs 3:6

Malachi 3:6 Do you have "issues?"