Day Six-Galatians 5:13

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters..."
Galatians 5:13

Freedom? Well, can anyone tell me why losing weight feels like prison to me sometimes? Can't have this! Shouldn't eat that! Ought to work out now! So many "shoulds" and "can'ts!" What's a girl to do?! Change your perception someone once said. Life is 5% what happens to you and 95% how you react! I have found this to be true in my own life...Take any given Monday morning for example: same kids, same cluttered living room, same dirty dishes in the sink. Yet, why on some Mondays do I respond with a smile and a hot cup of coffee, and others, a growl and a strong desire to return to bed! Outlook for sure, and starting the day in deep conversation with God and His word! I found an old and very dear poem that sums it up beautifully:
The Difference
I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish, I didn't have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me, and heavier came each task.
Why doesn't God help me? I wondered, He answered, "You didn't ask."
I wanted to see joy and beauty,but the day toiled on, gray and bleak.
I wondered why God didn't show me,He said, "But you didn't seek."
I tried to come into God's presence, I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock."
I woke up early this morning, and paused before entering the day.
I had so much to accomplish That I had to take time to pray!
I pray you take the time to be with God in a very personal way today,"giving your cares and worries to Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
May you experience "The Difference" in your journey today and everyday!
With love and blessings,
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eight- Proverbs 3:6

Malachi 3:6 Do you have "issues?"