We were meant to enjoy food, not be imprisoned by it!

As always, I am looking to understand and grow in my knowledge of why God wants me to be healthy.. So it's never a coincidence for me when I discover scripture that further points me in this direction....Recently I came across scripture that validated His desire for me to enjoy the foods I eat....

"So obey the commands of the Lord your God by walking in his ways and fearing Him...For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land of flowing streams and pools of water, with fountains and springs that gush out in the valleys and hills. It is a land of wheat and barley; of grapevines, fig trees, and pomegranates; of olive oil and honey. It is a land where food is plentiful and nothing is lacking." Deuteronomy 8:6-8

At a time when the Israelites were struggling for answers and direction God motivates them with colorful, wonderful pictures of fresh fruits and ripe vines plentiful and delicious...Oh how I dream of getting to a place where I can truly enjoy the food I put in my mouth without thinking about calories and fat and carbs, and sugar and blah, blah, blah!!!!!!
I do believe this is his plan for me and as I journey, I take all you who read this along and pray for the same success for you!!!
May God give you the wisdom, and desire to put healthy foods (in the right portions) in your body today and may you savor and truly enjoy each and every morsel knowing it was put there by your Creator for your enjoyment and pleasure!
As Always,
In His Amazing Love,
Julie

(Here's a healthy trail mix to help you get started....And if you were in an Equipped meeting this week, it HAS been modified to be lower in calories :)
Yummy, Healthy Trail Mix
(As always feel free to modify)
1/4 cup Cheerios
2tbsp Raisens
1/2 tbsp semi-sweet choc. chips
6 almonds**
195 calories and full of satiating, disease fighting, belly flattening power!!!
Enjoy
**changing the nut you use from time to time can really vary the flavor and keep it interesting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eight- Proverbs 3:6

Malachi 3:6 Do you have "issues?"