"Yes, Virginia, there really is a low-fat muffin out there!"
I found this and cannot wait to try it! The only thing I plan to modify is the flour (white to whole wheat of course; I want my fiber and protein!) Seems relatively simple with practical ingredients.

Yogurt Bran Muffins
1 cup Fiber One original bran cereal
2 egg whites or 1 egg slightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I may even lighten that just a little too!)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (orig. calls for white all purpose)
12 oz. low-fat french vanilla yogurt (2 ind. containers)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fresh raspberries, blueberries (if I can't find fresh I will go with frozen)

1. Pre-heat to 400* Grease a 12-cup muffin pan (or use cups) Place cereal in resealable plastic bag; seal and crush....Or crush in food processor.
2. Mix together egg whites, oil and yogurt. Gently stir in berries. Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups, filling to 3/4 full.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately. Cool and enjoy!!!

Nutritional Info.
1 muffin: 170 calories; 5g fat; 270mg sodium; 28g carbs.; 10 Sugars; 3g protein; 3g fiber

Recipe modified only slightly. Original recipe can be found at www.eatbetteramerica.com with a host of others...I plan to post others throughout the week!

Enjoy!
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eight- Proverbs 3:6

Malachi 3:6 Do you have "issues?"