Fun, Yummy, healthy pancakes! Really!!!!

Love this recipe!
Recently investigated the hype about white flour vs. wheat flour and this is what I learned;
First of all white flour is bleached with the same bleach I use to wash my clothes!!! Unbelievable! And when we bleach the flour, essentially we take the good parts (protein and fiber) who knew I could get protein and fiber from flour?!?!? not me, and simply make it easier to work with......I want my fiber and protein back!
So I invested in my first 5lb. bag of whole wheat flour and tried it out on a recipe for one of our most unhealthy meals of the day: Breakfast!!!! Can you say SUGAR!!!!!!! My kids may as well as for a little cereal with their sugar!!!!
Well here it is and several reasons I love it:
1. My kids aren't asking for something else 15 minutes after they eat because there satisfied longer.
2. I'm adding fruit and it's fun and tasty
3. I can make a whole batch of these and freeze the leftovers so the next morning, I just pop them in the microwave! I love simple! Hope you enjoy making them and the benefits of knowing you're putting something good for you in the "temples" created by and for our Savior!
Love,
Julie

Fun, Yummy Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup skim milk
1 cup low-fat yogurt
1 cup chopped fruit ( apples, strawberries, blueberries)
Whisk all ingredients together (fruit can be in the mix or reserved for the topping), cook each pancake 5-7 minutes and Enjoy!
Serving size 3 pancakes
Calories: 225
Fat: 3g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 9g
Fiber: 4g

Comments

  1. Switching to whole wheat flour was much more of a breeze than that dreaded switch to skim milk some twenty years ago! The only thing in which I find whole wheat flour unacceptable is bread. A good mixture of white and wheat however does the trick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eight- Proverbs 3:6

Malachi 3:6 Do you have "issues?"